Join our dynamic team at Milwaukee Oral Surgery & Implants, Ltd and make a meaningful impact on people’s lives. We’re a leading oral surgery practice dedicated to delivering exceptional care in a compassionate and patient-centered environment.
Oral Surgery Assistant
Milwaukee Oral Surgery & Implants, Ltd. is growing and we are looking to expand our oral surgery assistant team. Our offices are conveniently located and serve Metro Milwaukee, Wauwatosa, Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Mequon, Port Washington and Milwaukee’s North Shore.
Drs. Miller, Triggs, Smith, Midtling and Waligora practice a complete spectrum of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to corrective jaw surgery and facial trauma. The doctors and staff strive to provide excellence in surgical care administered in a friendly and compassionate manner.
While oral surgery experience is a plus, we are happy to train the right candidate. We offer a structured training program which allows for advancement as well as paid training and certification opportunities.
- Provide great patient care
- Prepare surgical trays and operatories
- Prepare patients for surgical procedures
- Collect medical and dental histories and take and record patient vital signs
- Assist surgeons with nitrous oxide and intravenous sedation procedures
- Assist surgeons in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary
- Pass surgical instruments during procedures
- Monitor intravenous fluids and vital signs during a procedure
- Sterilize instruments
- Deliver post-operative care instruction
- Take digital x-rays and cone beam CT scans
- Record patient information in an electronic medical record
- Prepare prescriptions and call prescriptions in to pharmacy
- Maintain supply inventory
- 1-2 years of dental assisting experience
- The ability to take direction from the oral surgeon
- Dependable transportation as travel between offices may be necessary
- Willingness to learn and progress during training period
- Works quickly, is organized and detail-oriented
- Must have good manual dexterity
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must be able to stand during the work day
If your qualifications sound like a match for our practice, please send your resume and cover letter.
Salary: $18.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ready to Join Our Team?
Contact [email protected]